Living One Day at a Time


"We are like Tea bags, we don't know our real strength 
until we are in a hot water" - Sister Busche

My gaze flitted far away, up to the beaming horizon, multifaceted thoughts shrouded my mind once more. The day started just right. Quiet. Peaceful. Relaxing. The soft breeze rustles beneath the leaves. The rays of the dazzling sunshine ascend beyond the clouds. Blinking slowly, I knew it was not just about the bright spark of the morning sun that lured my glance and uplifted my spirit, it was more of the thought of anticipating an exciting career.

Since deciding to come to Manila and take all the risks I could possibly imagine in the whole world, I know I am up for something more challenging. I've matured enough and finally reached the barometer of my emotional security. I hardly cried at the slightest mishaps, I never complained at petty failures. I discarded my fear of what's-coming-ahead. I stopped moping why it seems I am forever stuck in one corner. I'd come to a point where I treated each misfortune and "down moment" as opportunities to improve, to learn and to redesign my purpose and mission in life. I let chances dance with me and allow myself to hurt and experience pain to find my balance in life.

I just want to live one day at a time without any rush, without any pressure, without forcing myself to grapple with destiny. I want to take steps wherever my feet drag me. I am simply tired putting myself in the hands of time. For the past years, it felt like I am living according to other people's expectations, as if I existed based on how they want me to be. It's time to let the current of circumstances flow, I will just swim with it and see where the energy would bring me. I will no longer allow failures and disappointments to overwhelm and suffocate me.

Life is a game, I will just play it tougher this time. If there are lessons I've learned from this journey, it's the essence of patience, determination and humility. I know I am destined for a fulfilling life so I won't quit. I will just have to do my best and trust God. I know He prepares something better for me, I am sure about that. He is a great God who knows every longing of the human heart.

One cup of hot green tea soothes my mind

Oftentimes I go to sleep thinking what I would be getting the next day, the anticipation makes the last minute of my conscious hour softer and calmer. In the morning when I wake up, a space of beautiful thoughts for a bright day ahead opens up. The soothing aroma of hot green tea helps me overcome the morbid notion of tribulation and trial. In between sips, cells in my brain invigorate and revitalize my optimism.

Tomorrow will be another day and everyday brings new aspiration. Life is absolutely wonderful. A beautiful journey that should be lived wisely

Post a Comment

0 Comments