AirAsia Airline

Date of this review: June 6, 2013

Just got home from my first travel abroad with Airasia!

I will talk here briefly my personal experience flying with this airline which seemed new in the Philippine airline industry. My first air travel experience however was with Philippine Airline (PAL) some years back but it was only a domestic flight (Davao to Manila)

With this Airasia travel, I was with some friends in the University embarking into the nearest foreign route -- Hongkong. We chose the cheapest round trip promo rates available online at Airasia, there was no direct flight from Davao to Hongkong so we had to go to Clark to catch the Hongkong route.

At first, I had a slight reservation about this airline because its reputation is not yet established due to its very fresh operation in the Philippines, but I did not stress out my brain analyzing what might happen when we're up on air, I just trusted God that He will guide us for this adventure.

So finally, on May 31, 2013, on a sunny Friday afternoon, we left Davao International Airport. There was a slight delay but not annoying because it was only 20 minutes. While up on air, I was closely observing the movement of the plane, I kept my senses alive, I did not take a nap like other passengers.

And yeah, it was great, the aircraft did not sway up on air, no rattling above the clouds, it was cool! Or maybe because the weather was fine during our travel so we never experience any abnormalities, but the travel was so good that it felt like we just like hanging up above the clouds, very steady movement. There was a slight shaking but it was just due to the thick clouds and the plane I believed was being maneuvered on a high altitude, nevertheless, it sent a little quiver in my nerves :-D

We safely landed at the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport at the Clark airbase at 4:20 in the afternoon. I was slightly disappointed with this airport because we descended in Tarmac and not in a cube!

On the following day, we left Clark for Hongkong at 6:25 in the evening, the sky was so calm and quiet and the clouds rested like lovely cotton balls in the atmosphere while Airasia peacefully navigated the skyline of Luzon. I did not feel any bumpy stuff up there, the travel was peaceful and steady, no unnecessary movement of the aircraft and before I could finish the biscuit I was eating, the crew announced the preparation for landing at Hongkong international airport, wow! That was so fast and relax! Hongkong air travel from Clark took only one hour and forty five minutes.  

Airasia's international pilots and even their domestic pilots, I must assume, are really well-trained because the aircraft did not bang or produced any jolting movements when it touches the airport ground, it was a very smooth landing, felt like we just glided in the runway. They knew exactly how to maneuver an aircraft, very safe and sound.

I memorized the names of Airasia's pilots so that I can thanked them here for keeping us very safe during the flight. On our way to Hongkong, the pilot was Captain Kintanar and on our way back to Clark, Air asia's pilot was Captain Francisco. The flight attendants were also nice, very accommodating and approachable. They have a very good service too, both on board and in the ground.

It was a very relaxing air travel. I have a full trust with Airasia now, it's a beautiful plane to travel internationally. 



Post a Comment

0 Comments